Skip to content ↓

How to Raise a Safeguarding Concern

If you think you or someone you know is being abused, or neglected you should tell someone you trust.

This could be a friend, a teacher, a family member, a social worker, a doctor or healthcare professional, a police officer or someone else that you trust. Ask them to help you report it.

Supporting people when concerns are raised about abuse or neglect can be very difficult and distressing for everyone involved. Deciding what’s the right thing to do can be stressful, particularly if the person you are concerned about is reluctant to accept support. If you are not sure what to do you can always seek advice.


Call the school on 01366 383824 or if out of hours please contact CADS (Children's Advice and Duty Service) on 0344 800 8020.